Position: PhD Student
Xiaofan Fei is a second year graduate student who joined the German Research Group after having performed research for Dr. German during the last years of his undergraduate studies. His research interests lie in the fields of design and optimization with an emphasis on multidisciplinary design and optimization (MDO). His current research project attempts to simulate actual design processes in order to determine causes of schedule and budget overruns.
Xiaofan has aspired to be an aerospace engineer since elementary school with interests in both space and aircraft. He enjoys traveling and embarking on spontaneous excursions as well as playing video games and reading novels in his free time.
- BS, Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2011
- Graduate Research Assistant, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, 2011 to Present
- Engineering Internship, ESTECO, Atlanta, GA, 2011
- Undergraduate Research Assistant, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, 2009 to 2011
- Simulating the Detailed Design Process in Large Engineering Projects
Honors & Distinctions
- CMMI Conference Graduate Student Fellowship
- Woodruff Scholarship
- National Merit Scholarship
- President's Undergraduate Research Award